top of page


Creatine is a naturally occurring substance found in the cells of your body. It is found in higher concentrations in muscle cells; approximately 95% of creatine is found in muscles, with the remaining 5% found in the brain, liver, and kidneys. 


It may also be produced by the body from the amino acids glycine and arginine. Creatine may also be taken in the diet, either as a supplement or through meals such as meat. This supplement is popular among gym goers, bodybuilders, and other athletes. 


Consuming creatine will increase your phosphocreatine stores. Phosphocreatine is a type of stored energy that assists in the synthesis of ATP, the major energy source in your body. Muscular performance improves when your body's ATP levels rise. Many other processes occur when creatine is consumed, some of which may lead to increased muscular development and strength.


Studies suggest that this supplement can enhance strength and muscle mass, as well as improve workout performance such as endurance and power. It is also the most researched supplement in the world, with a great safety record.


Creatine was shown to be the most effective dietary supplement in an evaluation of the most popular supplements.


The benefits of creatine are vast.

  1. Increases muscle growth

  2. Improve exercise performance

  3. Improves energy production

  4. Supports anabolic processes

  5. Reduces tiredness & fatigue

  6. Improves brain health

  7. Helps with Parkinson's disease

  8. Helps with other brain diseases

  9. Helps with diabetes

  10. Proven, safe & effective


Creatine studies suggest that this supplement can enhance strength and muscle mass, as well as improve workout performance such as endurance and power. There are also possibly other benefits to creatine, such as it's potential ability to help improve sleep, or promote fat loss.

Adverse Effects & Safety

Although creatine is one of the safest and most effective supplements on the market, there are still potential adverse effects associated with its usage, such as the following.

  • Water retention & weight gain

  • Increased risk of male-pattern baldness & hair loss

  • Stomach cramps, aches, and pain, distension, bloating, nausea and vomiting

  • A possible increased risk of dehydration

  • A possible risk of kidney damage (with high-doses / a pre-existing condition)

There may be other adverse effects not mentioned here

Creatine supplementation also has some safety concerns for specific people, such as interactions with medications that can harm the kidneys, as listed below.

  • Cyclosporine

  • Aminoglycosides

  • Gentamicin

  • Tobramycin 

  • Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)

  • Indomethacin

  • Naproxen

  • Piroxicam

There are other possible interactions, which is why it is important to speak to your doctor before taking creatine. Also, avoid using creatine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have pre-existing kidney issues, Parkinson's disease, or bipolar disorder.

Combinations & Synergies

Creatine has some possible synergies with other supplements and compounds, but it also has some disadvantageous combinations too. Although the research into this matter is lacking, there is some preliminary study.

The following is a list of supplements that when combined with creatine are thought to be beneficial.

  • Beta-alanine

  • HMB

  • Whey protein

  • Caffeine

However, when the items below are combined with creatine, it is thought to be disadvantageous.

  • Alcohol

  • Sugar

Read More

There is so much more to read about creatine. Click on the individual posts listed below to find out everything there is to know about creatine, such as dosages, hydration, types of creatine, how it works, and much more.

bottom of page